Tuesday 27 September 2011

Indian Summer


Today's ride for Day 27 of #30daysofbiking was to the dentist.

Thing is, my dentist is an old friend with a practice 20 miles away in Derby.  Usually I'd allow at least an hour to get there in the morning peak in the car but the 30 days challenge made me think I should give it a go on the bike.  The traffic is usually foul getting in to Derby!

The new bike is lovely.  I think she's quite pretty, in vivid blue as Peugeot would say and made in 1985 'ish.  This would be a good test.

I allowed an hour and a half to get there and pushed pretty hard at the start to make sure I would be on time.  I arrived, after an impromptued tour on Derby City centre, with 7 mins to spare.  Enough time for a coffee with my mate in the dentist's common room before getting down to the scaling and polishing.

The ride back was in the barmy indian summer sun.

Next appointment will be en velo, je pense...

No comments:

Post a Comment