Friday 24 June 2011

Sometimes Things Just Work Out


A night shift, an early morning and a recce.

Work stuff happened to require a night shift on Thursday night which meant no night ride but with the 'sleep day' I could pop out for a ride.

As I'm leading a www.natsmtb.com ride on Sunday 10th July I thought a recce was in order of my planned ride around Longnor.


An early check on the night shift work proved all was fine.  With the bike in the car ready it was straight to Longnor via Starbucks.  10:30 ride start, round in 2hrs, but will be 3hrs plus with a big group.



This ride must be the most varied mtb ride eva!  Road climbs, grass, mud, swooping descents and extremely technical rock descents.  Most enjoyable.

Chip shop was open in Longnor when I got back to the car,so munched chips on the way home, followed by home made lemon drizzle cake.

2 comments:

  1. that last picture reminds me of the evening we rescued the 'stupid sheep' :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fortunately smaller sheep or bigger hole :)

    ReplyDelete