Friday 10 June 2011

Weeks 10 and 11 - Mountain Mayhem's a coming...



Week 10 of The MM Training Plan said "ride lots and lots uphill and stuff"

I went on holiday instead, it was lovely.

I did lots of stretches and physio exercises while I was away but no riding.



Week 11 is my last week of proper training riding but the leg was still feeling a bit achy, so I took it steady.

Monday night I popped out on the road bike in the sun for an hour to check the leg; not bad.  Tuesday night for a Dogwalker night ride with Simon and Lady Alex.  The leg feels strong but a little achy again at times - bit depressing.

Thursday had been badly planned and required an evening peak site visit so no time for a night ride.  Rode a hilly commute there and back twice which went *OK*.  Still worried about the leg.

Friday - leg feels fine today - bizarre!

Hill reps and 20mins race pace done - feeling good and buoyant about the race.

Next week is a rest and preparation week - what ratio to choose?

No comments:

Post a Comment